Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To resign or not to resign?

I have been thinking of whether to quit or not to quit in my job on July. I love my job and my colleagues. The reason behind why I am thinking of quitting is because I want to have at least one month vacation on July. My employer only allows two weeks vacation. I am planning to have a vacation trip in the Philippines. My plane ticket is very expensive. I do not want to waste my money. Besides, I am not home for three years. In contrast, if I quit, I do not have work after my vacation and I do not have money to pay for my monthly bills. hahaha. It is really hard to find a job right now. So what is the best thing to do?

4 comments:

  1. on July - in July

    on the Philippines - in the Philippines


    Try to figure out a way not to quit, maybe ask for the whole time off and see what they say. What is the worst thing that happens? If they lay you off you can get unemployment. It is your unemployment money anyway. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction. I wrote in the Philippines, so it should be on the Philippines? I am really confused how to use on and in in a sentence. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually... it is to the Philippines... hahaha sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh. It sounds better now. to the Philippines. hahah. thanks! Ms. Oberman. :)

    ReplyDelete